AIM-AHEAD Research Fellowship Mentoring Program
The AIM-AHEAD Research Fellowship is recruiting experts and professionals to mentor our second cohort of the AIM-AHEAD Research Fellowship. This fellowship will engage a group of early-career researchers from underrepresented populations to actively participate in biomedical research that involves the use of AI/ML methodologies on biomedical health records.
The AIM-AHEAD Research Fellowship Mentoring Program is to connect current Research Fellowship Cohort 2 fellows with an AIM-AHEAD Mentors and provide the fellows with field expertise.
All Research Fellows in Cohort 2 will have one AIM-AHEAD Mentor who will be chosen through the AIM-AHEAD Research Fellowship Mentoring Program. The AIM-AHEAD Mentors will be chosen from a pool of AIM-AHEAD Mentor applicants. The AIM-AHEAD Mentor Pool Application will be open from October 2, 2023, - October 13, 2023. All selected mentors should be notified by October 27, 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for AIM-AHEAD Mentors:
- Expertise in (AI/ML or statistical analysis or EHR analysis expertise) and/or clinical, Social determinants of health expertise.
- Prior Mentorship experience
- Can come from different sectors such as industry, non-profit organizations, healthcare organizations, faith-based institutions, or academic institutions.
Expectations for AIM-AHEAD Mentors:
- Mentors will make time and effort commitment towards mentorship of the mentee.
- Mentors will facilitate access to expertise to conduct the work
- Mentors will have monthly communication between AIM-AHEAD Mentors and Institutional Mentors (if any)
Mentors will attend mandatory month Research Fellowship Meetings.
- Mentors will attend monthly check-in with the mentees for research progress and review mentee’s monthly progress report.
- Mentors will provide mentees in field expertise and advice.
- Mentors will have weekly communication between with
- Mentees and will add goals and task for mentee.
- AIM-AHEAD Mentors will receive a stipend of $10,000 as allowed by their institutional policy.
Terms and Conditions for AIM-AHEAD Mentors:
The Terms and Conditions will include the benefits and responsibilities that the mentors agree to when they accept the AIM-AHEAD mentor role.
- Mentors should have Ph.D., MD or equivalent qualification (such as PharmD., DNP, or Dr.PH) or very strong expertise in (AI/ML or statistical analysis or EHR analysis expertise) and/or clinical, Social determinants of health expertise.
- Mentors will submit a W9, EFT, and signed contract.
- Mentors should be associated with an organization (educational institution, private sector, community organization, etc.). Mentors cannot be individuals without an organizational affiliation.
- Mentors will have no conflict of interest with AIM-AHEAD. A conflict of interest would be individuals that are AIM-AHEAD Research Fellowship Stakeholders, and current individuals that work with AIM-AHEAD Coordinating Center for the Research Fellowship.
- AIM-AHEAD Coordinating Center members selected as AIM-AHEAD mentors should consult with their institutions about COI and acceptance of payment.
- Mentors will be in good standing with their organization.
- Mentors cannot have Mentees that are from the same institution/organization.
- Mentors will include a 10K stipend benefits paid in two equal installments; first installment at mid-year and the second installment at the end of the year.
- Mentor will adhere to AIM-AHEAD Coordinating Center policies, termination, non-compliant agreements, and these terms & conditions.
- AIM-AHEAD MPIs can participate as AIM-AHEAD mentors but will not receive the mentor’s stipend per NIH requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Go to https://connect.aim-ahead.net/program/p/researchfellowship23
- Click “Login to Get Started”
- Now, you have landed in the AIM-AHEAD Research Fellowship 2022 program. Click the “Apply to become an AIM-AHEAD Research Fellowship Mentor” button to apply to be an AIM-AHEAD Research Fellowship Mentor.
- Complete the “Mentor Expertise Self Assessment” and click “Submit”
- Review the Terms & Conditions and click “Agree & Confirm”
- You have now completed your application to be a mentor for an AIM-AHEAD Research Fellow. If you are selected, you will receive an email from AIM-AHEAD Connect indicating that a fellow has requested mentorship from you. All selected mentors should be notified by 10/27/2023. Please make sure to check your Junk/Spam folder during this time.
Deadline to Apply: October 13, 2023